1. 2 cups Sweetcorn
2. 1/2 cup Milk
3. 1/2 cup Sugar
4. 4 tablespoons Ghee
5. Saffron strands, a generous pinch
6. 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
7. 10 Whole cashews
1. To begin making the Corn Halwa recipe, firstly boil or pressure cook sweet corn in 2 tablespoons of water for 2 whistles. Allow it to cool.
2. Add the cooked corn kernels to the mixer and grind into a coarse paste adding a little water.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the corn paste and saute well for 5 minutes until the colour changes to golden.
4. Now add milk, sugar, saffron and crushed cardamom to it. Stir well and cook the Corn Halwa in medium flame until it becomes slightly thick.
5. Add the remaining ghee and cook the Corn Halwa stirring continuously until the ghee gets absorbed and starts leaving sides of the pan. This will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Heat a tadka pan with ghee. Add the cashews and fry till they turn a little brown in colour.
7. Add these cashews with ghee on the Corn Halwa and it is ready to be served.
8. Serve Corn Halwa as a dessert after a simple meal of Palak Dal, Sev Tamatar Ki Sabzi and Phulka for a weekday meal.