This season, impress your family with homemade Macaroni and Cheese!
1. 7 ounces elbow macaroni
2. 1/4 cup butter3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3. 2 cups milk
4. 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
5. 4 slices canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
6. 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper salt to taste
8. 3 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
9. 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
10. 1 cup dry bread crumbs
11. 2 tablespoons butter
12. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter and cook until smooth and bubbling, about 1 minute. Mix milk, cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and salt into the flour-butter mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix macaroni and Cheddar cheese into sauce; pour into a 2-quart casserole dish.
4. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, and parsley together in a bowl; spread over macaroni and cheese.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.